Keep Track of Technical Novelties on Service for Parenting
Today’s changing world is impossible without high technologies, the Internet, social media and many other convenient and complicated things. Kids, to the best of their abilities, learn and adapt to the changing world much faster than their parents. That is why today successful parenting includes acquaintance with all new technologies and trends to keep track of kids’ online activities. There are plenty of possibilities to stay relevant about new gadgets, sites and computer usage.
Tips for Staying Relevant on Service for Parenting
• Supervise and learn. Children especially teens, are more acquainted with new technologies than parents. It is a well-known fact that many parents learn how to use computer or surf through the Internet with help of their children. Besides, such activity can strengthen your communication, take an advantage of it.
• Step up to the plate. Today teens spend a lot of time on the social media so parents should also try to look through Facebook or Twitter. Create an account (you may do it with help of your kid), add your kids and relatives and test those websites.
• Check the privacy settings of kids’ accounts. The practice shows that children usually neglect changing settings and as a result they may show too much personal information to others without even knowing it. That is why it is essential to look through the settings and change them, limiting number of people able to see shared photos and hide personal information. Explain your children what information is inappropriate for sharing.
• Discuss peculiarities of good online behavior. The Internet takes a huge part of teens’ time so they should know how to use it without harming someone.
• Set limits on the Internet usage. As any other activity, browsing through the Internet should have its own rules and timing. For example, it is advisable to forbid children to sit in front of the screen before nighttime as it harms the quality and duration of their sleep.
• Be interested in their online activities. Ask them about it, discuss it.
• Check the trends of online activities.